Want to send your news to L&S News & Notes?
Follow some of our easy tips for a good story:
- Put the good stuff up front. Put your key message in the first two or three sentences, because that’s usually all that appears on the main online page. That’s what tells readers whether or not to click on the link.
- Photos! Please send photos with caption information. We prefer stories already online that we can link to.
- Write a headline and make a statement. Make your news say something. “Lunchtime activity guidelines” is less useful to readers than “University rules forbid noon hour pillow fights.”
- Keep it short. Our format is punchy, so we recommend 300-400 words per story.
- Announcing an award or promotion? Make sure that the recipient has been notified and that the people bestowing the honor are ready to go public (sometimes recipients get an early heads-up).
- Please keep it simple. Avoid using multiple fonts, italics, bold, multiple font sizes and colors. We’re trying to keep our format simple. Please contact us if you have questions on this.
- Provide links to additional info — a website with more info, and contact info, both phone and email.